Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Disposal of Cigarette Research work

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am doing a research study on how students at my school dispose of their cigarettes. To understand this further I have decided I will do an observational study as well as an online survey.


The survey questions
1.) Do you smoke regularly (yes or no)
2.) Do you smoke on campus? (yes or no)
3.) How do you dispose of your cigarette? (cigarette disposal unit, dropping it on the ground, other)
4.) How often do you use the cigarette disposal unit? (every time, most of the time, occasionally, rarely, never)
5.) How often do you drop your cigarette on the ground? (every time, most of the time, occasionally, rarely, never)
6.) Do you normally smoke with friends or by yourself? (mostly with friends or mostly by myself)
7.) If your friend used the disposal unit would you be more likely to use the disposal unit as well? (yes, no, maybe/ I don't know)


The obersvational study perameters:


Objective: To understand how many people use the cigarette disposal units vs. dropping their cigarettes on the ground in hopes to identify patterns or areas of influence for behaviors.


location: at the college campus in two locations- one right outside the student life center and the second in the courtyard of the school.


Time: 1 hour in each location both on a Wednesday between the hours of 12:30 and 1:30 (peak traffic hours).


Spreadsheet/what I will be looking for-
   I will be looking to see how many people use the disposal units vs. dropping the cigarette on the ground and stomping it out. 


What do you think?! Please give me any suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment